Author Topic: Sapphires secret cooking corner  (Read 706 times)

Lil'Cinnamon

• Administrator
  • Blank Flank
  • Hoof Bump: 2
    • View Profile
Sapphires secret cooking corner
« on: June 13, 2017, 12:35:14 AM »
Well... Here is a topic for special vegan meals and recipes for you all to enjoy!

I'll post the seitan one. (posted from the IRC chat)

First off, ingredients

<SapphireLightning> VWG (of course), nutritional yeast (optional but makes it taste better), tapioca starch/flour (optional but it helps with texture), spices (garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, oregano). Those are the solid ingredients.
<SapphireLightning> liquid ingredients, water + better than bullion veggie bullion paste (or if you cant find that then just use veggie broth and no water), liquid smoke.
<SapphireLightning> 1 cup VWG, 2 table spoons nutritional yeast and two table spoons of tapioca starch, then whatever spice amounts you like. mix those up. In another bowl, add a little under 1 cup of water (like 9/10 of a cup), heat it up and mix in a teaspoon of the bullion paste and mix in liquid smoke (one capfull).

And here is the instructions

SapphireLightning> to cook on the pan, add a fair bit of oil and cook on medium heat, flipping half way through. Next the juice:
<SapphireLightning> In a small stovetop pan, add 1/4 cup of water, a teaspoon of bullion paste, the spices from above, a dollup of A1 and BBQ sauce, a capfull of liquid smoke, and a table spoon of maple syrup (real is best). Mix and bring to a low boil, and turn down to a simmer and rip up a fist full of spinach and throw in, stiring. Once the spinach is cooked down, take off heat and serve on top of the seitan

It is delicious by the way!

I'm a COLT/STALLION, not a filly/mare. Just because I have a round muzzle does not mean I'm female. Remember that. =3
Signature made by me, vectors in avatar and signature also made by me. Click signature image to go to my DeviantArt page.

Lil'Cinnamon

• Administrator
  • Blank Flank
  • Hoof Bump: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Sapphires secret cooking corner
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 12:38:18 PM »
Here is Sapphire's secret tip on how to make vegan mayo:

<SapphireLightning> You will need flax meal, oil, mustard powder, and water. Also a blender
<SapphireLightning> Take 1/4 cup of water and nuke it until it is boiling hot, add 2 tbs of flax meal in to it stirring every few minutes. It will thicken to an egg like consistancy.
<SapphireLightning> Add the flax egg to a blender with another 1/4 cup water, and a 1/4 cup oil and some mustard powder.
<SapphireLightning> blend briefly. Then add a SMALL drizzle of oil, pulsing the blender. Repeat this process until you get the consistancy you want, and jar and refridgerate
<SapphireLightning> voila

I'm a COLT/STALLION, not a filly/mare. Just because I have a round muzzle does not mean I'm female. Remember that. =3
Signature made by me, vectors in avatar and signature also made by me. Click signature image to go to my DeviantArt page.